Tuesday 22 July 2014

I Am Happy.....

..... to report that we have finally reached our wintering over destination; Kaiteriteri in the Tasman District and right on the edge of the beautiful Abel Tasman National Park.

This is the view out our windows, across the road from a calm little bay and a golden sand beach. The lady in the office of the Kaiteriteri Beach Motor Camp said help yourself to a site, choose wherever you like, take two sites if needed. So we did, two prime sites, right on the front row. The winter rates are $20 a night for two people with a minimum of 7 days.  There are only a handful of other vans here & it's a huge park. I'm sure the beach and camp ground would be wall to wall people in the summer but so far we would have been lucky to see six people & two cars go past (luckily a dead end road)


We'll likely be here for at least two weeks, possibly more. We'll have a chance to recharge our batteries (human), I can catch up on my blogs & sort photos while David goes fishing. That's after a spring-clean of the vehicles, inside & out! We'll also do some exploring along the coast of the national park in the Takacat dinghy and walk part of the Abel Tasman Track, one of New Zealand's Great Walks & arguably the most beautiful. After that we may move over to Takaka for another few weeks.

Back to my catch up blogs soon....

4 comments:

  1. Glad your up in our area, Christine & I would love to meet you both for a coffee on the weekend, hope the weather stays nice.
    Cheers Jimu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jimu, I sent you an email, did you receive it?

      Delete
  2. One day I will experience (some of) winter at the top of the South!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have so much in your 'to do' list, your feet will hardly touch the ground :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, I love reading them! All comments are personally moderated by me and I will post and answer them as soon as possible, Shellie