Sunday 25 May 2014

Me Thinks We Left Our Run Too Late

Our run to the top of the South Island to escape winter that is!

After evacuating the Bluff Oyster Festival when a severe storm hit the venue (more on that soon in another blog post) the evening brought more excitement when the loudest, heaviest thunderclap I have ever heard rattled “Out There” (I’m sure the van was lifted off the ground & if it didn’t then it definitely lifted David & I off our seats!) And after the thunder & lightning came the hail, buckets & buckets of it.


And this is what we woke up to this morning at City Central Camping Park in downtown Invercargill, a winter wonderland!

 



"Out There" amongst it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, I love reading them! All comments are personally moderated by me and I will post and answer them as soon as possible, Shellie