Friday 29 May 2015

From a Frosty Start...

 ....comes a wonderful day. Although the temperature gauge didn't get above 5c and the sun failed to melt the frost away.

It must be winter- my little black stickman returns!
We're learning the hard way the tricks of wintering in an RV- we ran out of water late last night and our local tap supply in town has been frozen solid for most of the day. We couldn't get any water until mid afternoon and then only after David gave the tap a knock to dislodge the ice plug. We've been lucky with our house water pipes though, turning off the pump and bleeding the water before we go to bed so they don't freeze. Others parked with us haven't been so lucky, there have been a couple of burst pipes and fittings.  




4 comments:

  1. I'll expect hoar frost pickies.....that fisherman's keen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoar frosts- one of the reasons I wanted to spend some time in a southern winter Jimu! :) I think we'll have to head into the Maniatoto for that though and after our latest little freeze I'm not too sure we're going to be so keen. And that fisherman was keen but the fish weren't! ;)

      Delete
  2. the big freeze hasn't finished yet , more coming this week i hear. nice pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Francis, yes I see another big freeze is on it's way. Now in Wanaka with snow on all the peaks but relatively warm down here at lake level.....so far.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, I love reading them! All comments are personally moderated by me and I will post and answer them as soon as possible, Shellie