Monday 30 November 2015

Beautiful Lake McGregor

Hi everyone, miss me? This is just a short post before we move back off the radar for a few days. I have so much to tell you about, so many beautiful photos and not all of them are of the lupins.....although you can safely assume that I have added to them aplenty too!

We've spent the last few days at beautiful Lake McGregor, a tiny perfectly formed lake sandwiched between Lake Alexandrina and Lake Tekapo. We're parked on the edge of the stream that flows between Lake Alex and Lake McGregor, to the far right of those green willows on the right (don't forget to click on the photos to enlarge).


Before we came to the Mackenzie Basin chasing lupins, I had a vision of where I'd like to be parked for a few nights and this was it. The perfect spot in amongst the lupins and wildlife.


The smell was divine and colours glorious.


And just over the hill and across the lake were the snow capped mountains of the Southern Alps. 


Sorry, this is short and sweet but we're on our way again....Mt Cook here we come. See you in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, I love reading them! All comments are personally moderated by me and I will post and answer them as soon as possible, Shellie