Saturday 12 October 2013

Last Supper at Somerset

On Thursday evening we had our last dinner (for now) at our most favourite Tauranga restaurant, Somerset Cottage in Bethlehem. We’ve been dining at Somerset since we arrived in Tauranga over 20 years ago. We’ve seen & followed the fortunes & changes to the restaurant (and the food scene in general) over the years  and watched as Somerset has grown to become one of Tauranga’s most popular restaurants & yet still remain intimate & personal under Rick & Annes’ wonderful  guidance. We’ve celebrated many anniversaries, birthdays & family occasions at Somerset & have had consistently wonderful experiences with fabulous food & ambience.


I’m going to especially miss my cook school dates, I’ve been attending the cook school every couple of months for at least ten years. And as many of the cook school attendees attest to, it’s not just the school we go for, it’s a great morning’s entertainment watching Rick prepare a fabulous multi course meal in no time at all, learning new techniques & happily listening to the banter that’s often happening between Anne & Rick. And then the icing on the cake, sitting down at the long table with a lovely glass of wine and likeminded people to dine on the meal we’ve watched Rick prepare.


I have a much treasured & frequently used stash of favourite Somerset recipes which I couldn’t possibly leave behind in the lock-up (including their Liquorice Icecream, which is now ‘top secret’) So whenever we need a Somerset fix  I’ll be able to bring them out to peruse & choose & hopefully prepare in our modest kitchen.  Somerset’s legendary lamb shanks are even making my mouth water just thinking about them while I'm typing this.

Until we meet again, farewell Anne & Rick & thanks for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, I love reading them! All comments are personally moderated by me and I will post and answer them as soon as possible, Shellie