Friday 7 August 2015

R = Ranfurly S = Snow

Woohoo!!! I opened up the door this morning to be greeted by this sight. No, not the higglety pigglety  jumble of a summer holiday in a caravan. It snowed overnight in Ranfurly! 


We might not have the best view in camp but we have the sun all day in our lounge. When it shines. We've been parked up at the Ranfurly Holiday Park for the last three nights, it was time to recharge the batteries and well there's not much going in freedom camping sites nearby. We were warned not to head to Naseby because we might have been snowed in- secretly I would have loved that.  I just wish we could have been parked in a more fairytale settings than a campground.


David's going to have a few issues getting to the shower block this morning....


Although he has nothing to complain about. This is what can happen when you ride the Otago Rail Trail in the winter.


A quick walk down 'town' reveals a winter wonderland although the roads are already slush and a fast melt is on. 


I wonder how many have stuck their heads in the Art Deco board to have their photos taken with it looking like this.


 The sun is trying to shine through and I know those mountains behind are going to look spectacular after the fog lifts. I can't wait to see the reveal.

Back to regular service soon....

1 comment:

  1. Thank's for sharing. It's amazing place to go for trip & I'm really impressed to see this wonderful picture of this place. Thank's for tips. images are very nice. Thank you for this blog post! it's a very useful post. I just got into camping two years ago and absolutely love it. this is called beauty of nature and it is very good to enjoy this beauty of nature and backpacking in this place is a beautiful experience. Its always great to find good honest practical content. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, I love reading them! All comments are personally moderated by me and I will post and answer them as soon as possible, Shellie